This is a special message from Pastor Paul Scavella, president of the South Bahamas Conference concerning Hurricane Irma
SPECIAL NOTICE SEPTEMBER 10, 2017--2:15 p.m.
T. Milton Lewis, principal of Bahamas Academy indicates that all workers of Bahamas Academy (all divisions) are to report to work on Monday morning, September 11, 2017. Classes for students begin on Tuesday, September 12, at regular times.
MINISTRY OF EDUCATION
The Ministry of Education announces that all public school in the "all clear" areas will open on Tuesday, September 12, 2017 at the regular hours. The exception will be on the islands where evacuation took place.
SEPT 10TH---Pastor Leo Rolle, Family Island Coordinator indicated via his WhatsApp Messenger that the initial report from Crooked Island indicates that the Adventist Church in Landrail Point just lost some singles. Two mobile home were destroyed. Nurse Carroll hand extensive damange to the roof of her home. Big bolder are on the front street in Landrial Point swept ashore by the sea surge. Great news is that everyone are safe.
ALL CLEAR FOR CENTRAL BAHAMAS. On September 9th all clear was given to Central Bahamas which include New Providence but not Andros.
ALL CLEAR FOR SOUTHEASTERN BAHAMAS
The Bahamas Department of Meteorology has issued an “All Clear” for the Southeast Bahamas, including Inagua, Mayaguana, Crooked Island, Acklins, Long Cay and Samana Cay.
However, Hurricane Warnings remain in effect for the Northwest and Central Bahamas. These include Grand Bahama, Abaco, Bimini, The Berry Islands, Andros, New Providence, Eleuthera, Exuma, Long Island, Cat Island, Rum Cay, San Salvador and Ragged Island.
Everyone is being asked to listen to or watch the latest news from your favorite news provider for the path of Hurricane Irma and follow the directives given. It is imperative to be prepared and safe.
- The Adventist Headquarters on Tonique Williams-Darling Highway will be closed on September 6th at 3 p.m. until further notice.
- The Adventist Book and Nutrition Center will be closed on Thursday, September 7th at 1 p.m. until further notice.
- Bahamas Academy closed from 12 noon, Wednesday, September 6th for teachers and students until further notice.
- There will be no church services during the weekend in all Adventist Churches in the South Bahamas Conference affected by the path of Hurricane Irma. If all is clear, churches may open on Wednesday, September 14, 2017 for services.
- Know the location of the hurricane shelter nearest to you, in case there is a need for evacuation.
After the hurricane, members of the Adventist Community Services will be making the appropriate responses to the needs. There will be administration will visit affected areas as soon as feasible to assess the damage and needs. If you have an emergency, kindly call one of the following.
List of Hurricane Shelters on the Island of New Providence
- Aquinas College - Madeira Street
- Bahamas Academy - Madeira Street
- Baptist Bible Church - Soldier Road
- Bethel Baptist Church - Meeting Street
- C.H. Reeves - Robinson Road
- C.R. Walker - Blue Hill Road
- Calvary Bible Church - Collins Avenue
- Church of Christ - Kemp Road
- Church of God Auditorium - Joe Farrington Rd
- Claridge Primary School - Claridge Road
- College of The Bahamas - Oakes Field
- E.P. Roberts Primary School - Lincoln Blvd.
- Evangelistic Temple - Collins Ave.
- East St. Gospel Chapel - East Street
- Epworth Hall - Shirley Street
- Gambier Village School- Gambier Village
- Golden Gates Assemble - Golden Gates
- Hillview Seventh-day Church - Harrold Road
- Holy Epiphany Church - Prince Charles
- Holy Family Church - Robinson Road
- Jehovah's Witness Headquarters - Dolphin Drive
- Kemp Road Baptist Church - Kemp Road
- Mission Baptist Church - Hay Street
- Mt. Tabor Union Baptist Church - Pinewood Gardens
- Nassau Christian Academy - Soldier Road
- New Bethlehem Baptist Church - Independence Drive
- New Covenant Baptist Church - Independence Drive
- New Hope Missionary Baptist Church - Joan's Height
- Our Lady's Church Hall - Deveaux Street
- Queen's College - Village Road
- Salem Union Baptist Church - Taylor Street
- Salvation Army - Meadow Street
- Salvation Army - Mackey Street
- Sandilands Primary School - Fox Hill
- Sir Gerald Cash Primary School - Flamingo Gardens
- St. Augustine's Monastery - Bernard Road
- St. Barnabas Church Hall - Wulff Road
- St. Bede's Church Hall - Sutton Street
- St. Gregory Church Hall - Carmichael Road
- St. James Parish Church - St. James Road
- St. Michael's Youth Centre - Church Hill Ave.
- St. Thomas Moore School - Palmdale Ave.
- Wesley Methodist Church - Baillou Hill Road
- Woodcock Primary School - Hospital Lane
- Worker's House - Harrold Road
- Zion Baptist Church - South Beach