Mrs. Nathelyn LaCroix
Health Director, SBC
“Our purpose is not, to make people healthier sinners but to point them to eternal life found in Jesus. .” Clinton Wahlen
To minister to the whole person – body, mind and spirit, in alignment with the Seventh-day Adventist philosophy of preparing souls for Christ’s Second Coming.
The primary purpose of the Health Ministries Department is evangelistic. The mission is to demonstrate God’s love by promoting whole person health principles to Adventist church leaders, members and the community at large. Our aim is for each church in SBC to become a center for health, healing, and wholeness in the community where people may increase their health awareness, learn to incorporate standards for healthful living, and find restoration in Christ.
Heal me, O LORD, and I shall be healed; save me, and I shall be saved: for thou art my praise.
The Department proposes the following objectives:
• To promote, in preparation for the return of our Lord Jesus Christ, physical, mental, social and spiritual health in the church and the community
• To prepare educators and promoters of health in our churches
• To minister to both Adventist and non-Adventist youth and to prepare them to be future leaders of our church and of the community
• To involve Adventist professionals in the ministry of health and temperance of the church
• To work with other organizations which promote health without compromising our original identity.
• Conduct Community health programs and events
• Promote local health programs for churches, Bahamas Academy and SBC
• Establish Health and Wellness Centre
• Provide opportunities for individuals interested in the Medical Missionary field
• Provide opportunities for Upgrading and Training for Health Professionals
• Provide opportunities for Family Island through health and wellness programmes and events
• Increase the membership of the Adventist Health Professionals Association
• Establish a directory of all Adventist Health Professionals
Promote and sensitize through an effective media programme the importance of the health message in the life of the church
Health Impact Day South Bahamas Conference 2015
Themes available >> 1 = Light Rounded, 2 = Light Square, 3 = Dark Rounded, 4 = Dark Square, 5 = Facebook%[endif]%
© 2012 Yabdab Inc.