BAHAMAS ACADEMY - PRINCIPAL
Bahamas Academy of Seventh-day Adventists is looking for a hard-working, dedicated leader to serve as principal. Under the direct supervision of the Office of Education of the South Bahamas Conference of Seventh-day Adventists, the principal will manage a team of talented teachers, administrators, and other support staff.
MINIMUM CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS:
- Be an active member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- A Master’s degree in educational leadership, curriculum and instruction, or related fields from an accredited institution.
- A proven track-record of school leadership, having generated exceptional student outcomes, with at least two years of data documenting strong academic, personal, and interpersonal outcomes.
- A minimum of three years’ administrative experience, along with five years’ teaching experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understands and is committed to the distinctive qualities of Seventh-day Adventist education.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all aspects of the operations support the school’s philosophy and mission.
Bahamas Academy is a K2 – 12 school in its one hundredth and one year. Currently with an enrollment of 875 students, it is accredited by the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventists Accrediting Association of Schools, Colleges and Universities. This is an exciting time for Bahamas Academy and a great opportunity for the right individual to make a difference in this Christian community. It is also an ideal opportunity for an instructional expert and collaborative school leader to lead a Seventh-day Adventist school toward continued excellence and possible expansion.
Candidates may download the application form from the conference website at southbahamasconference.org and submit the completed application form along with copies of professional degrees and resume to THE CHAIRMAN, SEARCH COMMITTEE, 135 Tonique Williams-Darling Highway, Nassau, Bahamas or mail the completed application form, copies of professional degrees, and resume to THE CHAIRMAN, SEARCH COMMITTEE, P.O. BOX N-356, Nassau, Bahamas no later than March 15, 2014.
The committee reserves the right to reject the application of any or all applicants. -Office of Education