Every now and again it is important for leaders and individuals alike to come apart in order to reflect, project and inspect in order to ensure that the organization in which one is a part is truly meeting its objectives. The weekend of April 13th, 2013 will for a long time be etched in the minds of the leaders of Philadelphia and Maranatha Seventh-day Adventist Churches as the Annual Leadership Seminar was held at the Breezes Hotel in Cable Beach New Providence Bahamas. Under the leadership of Pastor Leonardo D. Rahming the leaders from both churches were engaged in a time devotion as he spoke from 1Samuel 17:19-58. Seven key points were established in regards to leadership.
1. David’s perspective was different from others.
2. His methods were different from others.
3. His conviction was different from others.
4. His motives were different from others.
5. His vision was different from others
6. His experience was different from others.
7. His attitude was different from others.
Leabner Forbes, an official John Maxwell trainer, conducted a first class seminar that absolutely wow the attendees and elevated their thoughts, preparing them for greater good in the district as they lead the people of God. Under the theme “Everyone Communicates-Few Connect the entire book was discussed. Some of the highlights of the seminar were:
1. Connecting Increases Your Influence in Every Situation
2. Connecting is All About Others
3. Connecting Goes Beyond Words
4. Connecting Requires Energy
5. Connecting is More Skill than Natural Talent
6. Connectors Connects on Common Ground
7. Connectors Do the Difficult Work of Keeping it Simple
8. Connectors Create an Experience Everyone Enjoys
9. Connectors Inspire People
10. Connectors Live What They Communicate
The one-day seminar concluded with each participant receiving a certificate of participation. All leaders left inspired to do greater work in the district thus ensuring greater growth for the Lord Jesus Christ.Article By: Pastor Leonardo Rahming
Pastor, Men’s Ministry Coordinator