Hurricanes are very stressful events. All unplanned events that bring uncertain change in our lives, called crises, are always stressful. Hurricanes affect all of us in some way or another. Every member of the family will experience some form of negative response to a hurricane over the next few days and months after it passes. The signs of post-hurricane trauma are not always immediate; the emotional effects may not appear for months. Recovery time varies as well.
- What Are Some of the Responses After a Hurricane?
- How Can Adults Cop? What Should You Do?
- How Do Children Deal With Stress, Especially After a Hurricane? Here are some of the signs of stress in children?
- What Can Parents or Adults Do to Help Their Children Cope?
- Children and Traumatic Events