January 03, 2015 Filed in: Announcement
New Logo Contest Promo
Competition Application Download it here PDFGUIDELINES AND CONTRACT
This competition is being held in order to select three (3) separate logos. One logo is needed for SBC
MEDIA NETWORK, one logo is needed for WORD SBC 88.3 FM (radio) and one logo is needed for ATV
1. The Contest is open only to individuals. Companies, Churches, Educational institutions, groups,
organizations, large bodies, etc are not eligible.
2. Workers of the South Bahamas Conference, the media department, the contest judges and their
immediate family are not eligible to enter the Contest.
How to Enter
1. Initial entries must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The entries must be submitted
as a scalable vector graphic in EPS format, and also as a JPG. The email must include the name, age,
postal address, phone number and email address of the Entrant. The email must also include whether
the design is being submitted for the overall logo, TV logo, or radio logo.
2. No more than 2 Entries may be submitted by any one Entrant.
3. Entries which fail to conform to submission guidelines will be rejected.
4. The deadline for Entries is 12:00 p.m. January 30, 2015
5. We will attempt to acknowledge all entries within one week of receipt; however, we cannot be
responsible for entries or responses lost in e-mail.
6. There is no fee to enter the Contest.
The purpose of the contest is to design logos for the SBC MEDIA NETWORK and its affiliated entities
ATV Bahamas and WORD SBC 88.3FM. The logos will be used online, in print, on merchandise, books,
DVDs, etc. The logo must be able to be resized easily and to look good in black and white as well as color.
The final version of the logos will need to be suitable for high quality printing. Please keep in mind that
the logo will be used as a Favcon and so details of the design must be flexible.
Because the logos will be the trademarks of the SBC MEDIA NETWORKS, entrants are to ensure that the
entries in no way resemble any existing logo or other copyrighted material. Entrant is free to be creative
with the use of the logo of the Adventist church or any of its components.
The logo for SBC MEDIA NETWORK, must include:
• Symbols for radio, television, print, and internet
The logo for ATV 53 must include:
• The number 53
The logo for WORD SBC 88.3FM must include:
• The dial 88.3
Due to the requirements for high quality printing and re-sizing Entries must submitted in scalable vector
graphic format (EPS). We advise against the use of halftones and gradients unless created inside a vector
graphics program. Color in this version must be CMYK, no spot colors.
The Winners will be announced publicly at the Media Night on February 28, 2015. The winner will
notified personally on or before 12:00 p.m. February 6, 2015. Prizes include Andriod devices and watches.
Judging and Selection of Winner
1. The winning design will be selected by media personnel of the SBC MEDIA NETWORKS and the
committee for the SBCMN. Their decision will be final. No further correspondence shall be entered
2. The Media Department reserves the right not to select a winner if, in its sole discretion, no suitable
entries are received.
3. The Media Network reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant or Entry at its sole discretion. No
correspondence shall be entered into.
4. The winner will be required to sign a contract assigning all ownership of the logo to SBC Media
5. The winning design will be selcted based n the following criteriea:
• Creativity and originality
• Flexibility of design to be used in any print form